This Red Wine Vinaigrette marries extra-virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, and cumin into a warm and earthy symphony of flavor that is so lovely it deserves the exotic name delivery of Cumino Vino Rosso Vinaigrette.
Why you will love this Vinaigrette
This is a lovely warm and earthy vinaigrette that is well suited for heartier salads like this Mediterranean Black Lentil Salad. Consider using this dressing when adding grains to your salads.
Ingredients for Cumin Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - I preach quality. My favorite brand in Cucina & Amore. A high-quality olive oil is determined by factors such as its source, extraction method, freshness, and balance of flavors, showcasing a harmonious blend of fruity, peppery, and grassy notes.
- Red Wine Vinegar - Red wine vinegar offers a tangy and robust flavor with subtle hints of fruitiness from the fermented red wine.
- Honey - always choose a local raw honey for maximum anti-allergens
- Cumin: This spice culturally belongs to Mexico, North Africa, India, and the Mediterranean. It is the perfect ingredient when you want to add warmth and earthiness to any dish. The use of this in the vinaigrette reminds me of both of my travels in Oaxaca as well as the Mediterranean.
- Dijon Mustard - Dijon mustard acts as an emulsifier in salad dressing due to its natural properties that help bind oil and vinegar together, creating a cohesive and smooth texture.
- Black pepper
How To Prepare Cumino Vino Rosso Vinaigrette
- In a mason jar, whisk together honey and red wine vinegar, whisk to dissolve honey. Add olive oil, cumin, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper, whisk until emulsified or shake by hand in a mason jar.
- Mason Jar
Cumino Vino Rosso Vinaigrette (Cumin Red Wine Vinaigrette)
- ½ c extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ c red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tbs dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a mason jar, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, cumin, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper until emulsified.